Friday, March 13, 2009

The Elderly

From my few months of working at this residential home I have notice something very interesting about the elderly. The elderly are like a bunch of big kids, for example....

I was watching one elderly lady while she was at the dinner table and she was asked by one of the other residents about her wound on her arm. Once she noticed that she was the center of attention she played it off like she was a little boy that won a big battle. She bragged about it, saying something like.... yeah, it hurt but i won, basically.

Another instance is when I was helping a resident on the toilet she sat down and said in her very quiet voice, "I have to go poopoopoo." It was friggin funny! I had never heard her say that before, I giggled.

They through a fit too if they don't get what they want.

No comments: